Havern Benefits Strategies is not your old-fashioned insurance company. We have created a unique servicing platform to help our clients design the optimal employee benefits packages to attract the best talent and offer value protection to their employees. This position is a full-time position with excellent internal growth opportunity.
Position Summary: The Sales Associate position is focused on generating new business opportunities while providing the highest level of customer service to existing clients as a part of the account management team. Grow in a fast-paced environment, while bringing a high level of enthusiasm and professionalism to a collaborative team atmosphere. The Sales Associate will serve as an extension of the customer’s management and benefits team. This role will work to develop client trust, provide market knowledge, administrative support with an existing book of business while growing an existing client base at Havern Benefits Strategies.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Generate new business opportunities with cold introductions and growing a unique existing referral network in place.
- Comfortable presenting on client review calls and in person building a personal rapport with clients.
- Develop strong relationships with clients and take ongoing initiative with administrational employee and vendor needs.
- Work independently or collaboratively to execute a proactive and organized action plan.
- Negotiate with vendors, compile annual renewal presentation, cost and financial benchmarking analysis and process necessary paperwork for implementation process with existing or transitioning carriers. Produce open enrollment material such as enrollment guides, employee documentation, and power point presentations.
- Occasional air travel for client meetings required.
- Develop and maintain current healthcare reform knowledge with a focus in the HBS niche market.
- Execute timely client data entry of vendor and client plan and accounting data into CRM database.
- Generate inside sales leads, grow to outside sales role, and maintain account management responsibilities for existing and new clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Licensing
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-2 Years of sales and client service experience desired.
- Expectation: Become Life & Health Agent licensed with 12 months of employment.
- Job Type: Full-time
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Confident with social interaction through networking and cold calls, emails, and meetings.
- Thrives in a TEAM atmosphere while being open to multiple tasks and duties with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic to learn quickly while growing in a collaborative team setting.
- Time management and problem solving skills. The ability to take initiative, prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Passion for building relationships with clients, vendors, and colleagues.
- Proactive approach problem solving to exceed both company and client expectations.
Compensation: Competitive base salary and with performance bonus opportunity. Generous Vacation policy.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Associate” in subject line.